Armtec Defense Technologies
Production Supervisor, Armtec Defense Technologies
Armtec Defense Technologies (Armtec) is an operating unit of the Transdigm Group (NYSE: TDG), an industry leader in aerospace and defense products and services. Armtec is comprised of three business units producing subcomponents for ordnance in Coachella, CA; decoy countermeasure flares in Camden AR; and radar countermeasure chaff in Lillington NC. At Armtec, we welcome skilled and enthusiastic people who share our determination and high standards to join us in our mission-critical work supporting the US and allied war-fighters who serve us all by defending democracy and protecting freedom. This position is staffed in Camden, on the Highland Industrial Park, where Armtec and several other major prime contractors produce defense energetics.
Company Name: Armtec Defense Technologies, a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 250
Title: Production Supervisor
Job Family: Operations/Production
Reports to: Production Manager
Works with: Upper Management, Engineers, Mid-Level Managers, Production Techs, Maintenance, Work Leaders and Assembly/Machine Operators.
Location: Camden, AR, USA
Type: Full Time
Supervises and coordinates activities of employees engaged in assembly, operating a variety of machines and blending processes to manufacture parts or products by analyzing work orders, computing amounts of stock and supplies, interpreting specifications, blueprints, and job orders, planning flow of materials, interfacing with others, inspecting and measuring parts and products to verify conformance, directing employees, establishing and adjusting work procedures, maintaining time and production records. Responsible for the timely, quality output of scheduled production and maintaining appropriate documents pertaining to work analysis and statistics. Maintains a safe work environment and assures continual improvement within the Operations/Assembly/Blend areas. Actively supports/participates in Lean projects and improvements. Proactive in LEAN endeavors and lead efforts to increase employee knowledge pertaining to implementing LEAN in the work centers.
* Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining/assembly/blend schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
* Computes amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules and requisitions materials from storage area.
* Interprets job orders to employees and assigns duties.
* Plans flow of materials through the department and develops physical layout of assembly/machines according to work orders.
* Responsible for setup and operation of equipment in support of department’s objectives.
* Interfaces with other departments within and outside the ARO facilities to determine resource needs and scheduling.
* Oversees and performs tests as needed to ensure accurate results.
* Prepares appropriate charts/reports to communicate information to appropriate departments.
* Trains Technicians, Leads and Operators in Safety, production procedures, proper equipment operation and routine record keeping.
* Leads the program of continual improvement within the Operations area.
* Investigates various manufacturing problems as they occur, compiles pertinent data and discusses results with the Engineering Manager and/or appropriate Supervisor.
* Troubleshoots various segments of the manufacturing process to identify and/or prevent potential problems.
* Assists in evaluating proposed process changes and their impact on quality and productivity prior to implementation.
* Compiles pertinent statistical data to examine emergent trends that would lead to the improvement of processes and/or reduce operational costs.
* Generates and updates equations used in the adjustment of out-of-spec batches to meet spec requirements.
* Assists as required in the training of manufacturing personnel to achieve their highest level of proficiency.
* Monitors laboratory analyses results for accuracy and impact on the manufacturing process.
* Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
* Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel Spreadsheets, Data Analysis, formatting of usable tables and other evaluation documents and Outlook programs.
* Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control and associated data analysis.
* Proficient at reading and generating charts and graphs (pareto, bar, control, flow, fishbone, Cause and Effect, etc.).
* Must show an outstanding degree of judgment, organization, planning, initiative, flexibility and creativity.
* Must be able to perform calmly and reasonably under pressure from demand for production and other exigencies.
* Must be resourceful and very creative.
* Physical capabilities include lifting materials up to 50 pounds, pushing 50-100 pounds of material to draw out exact quantities required for formulation, walking up and down steps, and to various programs as the situation warrants.
* Teamwork capabilities and Leadership skills required.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* Bachelor’s degree preferred with 2 – 3 years related experience or equivalent education and work experience.
* Self motivated starter demonstrating maturity with responsibilities and analytical skills.
* Good communication skills and high degree of integrity.
* Interfaces and performs productively with all employees.
* Ability to read and write English and compute college level mathematics, including statistics.
4/10 Work Schedule – 40 hour week. Overtime as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet