Maintenance Mechanic II
- Coachella, CA
- Full Time
Maintenance Mechanic II, Armtec Defense Technologies
Armtec Defense Technologies (Armtec) is an operating unit of the Transdigm Group (NYSE: TDG), an industry leader in aerospace and defense products and services. Armtec is comprised of three business units producing subcomponents for ordnance in Coachella, CA; decoy countermeasure flares in Camden AR; and radar countermeasure chaff in Lillington NC. At Armtec, we welcome skilled and enthusiastic people who share our determination and high standards to join us in our mission-critical work supporting the US and allied war-fighters who serve us all by defending democracy and protecting freedom. This position is staffed in Coachella, at Armtec’s world-class, sole-source production facility for felted fiber nitrocellulose combustible cartridge cases for medium and large caliber military ammunition; and pyrophoric payloads for training grenades.
Company: Armtec Defense Technologies is an operating unit of the TransDigm Group (NYSE: TDG).
Industry: Manufacturing Combustible Ordnance and Countermeasures
Title: Maintenance Mechanic II
Job Family: Machinist Craftworkers
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Works with: mid-level managers and supervisors, employees
Location: Coachella, California
4+ years in the trade with knowledge in industrial machinery maintenance, machinery mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical 3 phase systems and HVAC systems. The Maintenance Mechanic II should be strong in at least two fields, work in a team environment with minimal supervision, and be able to follow written and verbal instructions. Level II mechanics are expected to perform machinery PMs, keep machines in working order, detect, diagnose and schedule repairs on machinery before large breakdowns appear. They also must be self-motivated to carry the project through its completion in a timely manner.
- Follow all Safety guidelines, rules, regulations as they pertain to the day to day task assigned to the maintenance mechanic.
- Have a strong knowledge of at least two of the following, industrial machinery maintenance, machinery mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, HVAC and/or steam generation systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on production, and facilities equipment and machinery.
- Be able to read and understand technical manuals for the industrial machinery in order to troubleshoot, repair and replace or upgrade.
- Follow instructions in both written and verbal.
- Complete complex reports and work orders and log time correctly for each job.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Maintain and clean area, free of safety or environmental hazards.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Armtec’s ethics and business conduct policies
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be familiar with CMMS.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Able to speak, write, and read complex English.
- Good math skills.
- Understand and be familiar with MSPI’s and SOP’s
- Ability to troubleshoot in a logical order.
- Make simple sketches to express an idea or improvement.
- Must be dependable, responsible, and accurate and have the ability to deal with people effectively.
- Demonstrate ability in the Armtec competencies as an employee: customer focus, ethics and values, problem solving, integrity and trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure and values diversity.
Education & Professional Work Experience Requirements
- Must be a U.S. Person
Please apply on-line on the Armtec Career Website, www.armtecdefense.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet