- Lillington, NC
- Full Time
Production Supervisor, Armtec Defense Technologies
Armtec Defense Technologies (Armtec) is an operating unit of the Transdigm Group (NYSE: TDG), an industry leader in aerospace and defense products and services. Armtec is comprised of three business units producing subcomponents for ordnance in Coachella, CA; decoy countermeasure flares in Camden AR; and radar countermeasure chaff in Lillington NC. At Armtec, we welcome skilled and enthusiastic people who share our determination and high standards to join us in our mission-critical work supporting the US and allied war-fighters who serve us all by defending democracy and protecting freedom. This position is staffed in Coachella, at Armtec’s world-class, sole-source production facility for felted fiber nitrocellulose combustible cartridge cases for medium and large caliber military ammunition; and pyrophoric payloads for training grenades. This position is staffed in Lillington, at Armtec’s world-class, sole-source facility for aerial countermeasure chaff.
Company Name: Armtec Defense Technologies, a subsidiary of Transdigm Corporation
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees:
Title: Production Supervisor
Job Family: Operations/Production
Reports to: Senior Manufacturing Manager
Works with: Upper Management, Engineers, Production Techs, Maintenance, Manufacturing Leaders and Assembly/Machine Operators.
Location: Lillington, NC, USA
Type: Full Time
- Supervises, directs, and coordinates activities of workers engaged in manufacture and assembly of product. The position oversees operation of a variety of machines and manual processes. In addition, the position must analyze work orders, monitor and order stock and supplies, interpret specifications, read blueprints, and plan material and process flow The position requires occasional part inspection and procedure verification to ensure conformance known standards. The supervisor is responsible for maintaining a safe working environment and ensuring that quality driven product is produced on-time to meet delivery goals.
- Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours.
- Interprets job orders to workers and assigns duties.
- Plans flow of materials through the department and develops physical layout of assembly/machines according to work orders.
- Setup and operates equipment in support of department’s objectives.
- Interfaces with other departments within NCO facilities to determine resource needs and scheduling.
- Oversees and performs tests as needed to ensure accurate results.
- Oversees and trains Technicians, Leads and Operators in Safety, production procedures, proper equipment operation and routine record keeping.
- Leads the program of continual improvement within the Assembly area.
- Investigates various manufacturing problems as they occur, compiles pertinent data and discusses results with the Engineering Manager and/or appropriate supervisor.
- Troubleshoots various segments of the manufacturing process to identify and/or prevent potential problems.
- Assists in evaluating proposed process changes and their impact on quality and productivity prior to implementation.
- Assists as required in the training of manufacturing personnel to achieve their highest level of proficiency.
- Monitors quality assurance results for accuracy and impact on the manufacturing process.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Manager.
- Maintains the highest ethical standards.
- Understands and lives by Armtec’s ethics and business conduct policies
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Must work with MS Word, Excel Spreadsheets, Data Analysis and Outlook programs.
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control and associated data analysis.
- Ability at reading and generating charts and graphs (pareto, bar, control, flow, fishbone, Cause and Effect, etc.).
- Candidate must show an outstanding degree of judgment, organization, planning, initiative, flexibility and creativity.
- Must be able to work calmly and reasonably under pressure from demand for production and other exigencies.
- Candidate must be resourceful and very creative, especially since suitable equipment may not always be available.
- Teamwork capabilities and Leadership skills required.
- Must be a US Person
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 – 3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent leadership experience.
- Self motivated starter with demonstrated maturity and a good sense of responsibility and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills and high degree of integrity.
- Able to interface and work productively with subordinates, peers and upper management.
- Ability to read and write English and compute mathematics.
4-10 hr days
Overtime as needed.