Senior Contracts Administrator
- Coachella, CA
- Full Time
Senior Contracts Administrator, Armtec Defense Technologies
Armtec Defense Technologies (Armtec) is an operating unit of the Transdigm Group (NYSE: TDG), an industry leader in aerospace and defense products and services. Armtec is comprised of three business units producing subcomponents for ordnance in Coachella, CA; decoy countermeasure flares in Camden AR; and radar countermeasure chaff in Lillington NC. At Armtec, we welcome skilled and enthusiastic people who share our determination and high standards to join us in our mission-critical work supporting the US and allied war-fighters who serve us all by defending democracy and protecting freedom. This position is staffed in Coachella, CA at Armtec’s world-class, sole-source production facility for felted fiber nitrocellulose combustible cartridge cases for medium and large caliber military ammunition; and pyrophoric payloads for training grenades.
Company: Armtec Defense Technologies is an operating unit of the TransDigm Group (NYSE: TDG).
Industry: Manufacturing Combustible Ordnance and Countermeasures
Title: Senior Contract Administrator
Job Family: Legal/Contract Administration
Reports to: Manager, Contracts & Pricing
Works with: Mid-level managers, program managers, supervisors, planners and employees; as well as internal, external customers and government agencies.
Location: Coachella, California, East Camden, Arkansas or Lillington, North Carolina
The Senior Contract Administrator provides expert advice on the most complex contractual matters involving interpretation of Government regulations and the application of company contract policies and procedures. Requires extensive participation in proposal preparation (review, analysis, interpretation & expert contractual advice on terms & conditions), contract negotiations, and oversight of contract administration, review and approval of contractual documentation.
The candidate will manage, extend, negotiate and terminate standard and nonstandard contracts. The candidate will also provide advice to management of contractual rights and obligations. In addition, compile, analyze, and maintain historical information. The candidate will serve as consultant/liaison to management and be the special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives. Acts as an advisor to senior management and customers and have direct oversight for ensuring compliant deliverables for all contracts assigned.
- Effectively interface with internal and external customers at all levels of the organization.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged with complex situations and multiple competing priorities.
- Understand and live by Armtec's ethics and business conduct policies.
- Participates in Cost and Proposal development with Business Unit Managers and Site Controllers.
- Reviews bids and proposals to ensure they meet company policy and customer solicitation requirements, accordingly.
- Identifies contract issues and responds to a variety of complex inquiries while providing leadership in developing innovative solutions.
- Participates in and may lead negotiating and modifying standard contracts and assists in negotiating and modifying non-standard contracts.
- Reviews drafts as necessary, and negotiates terms and conditions of non-disclosure, teaming, license, and memorandum of understanding agreements.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- May participate in cost and pricing reviews with program management and customer representatives.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on contracts, including export considerations.
- Manages large and complex Department of Defense contracts; contracts are usually FFP but may include CPFF, CPAF, CPIF, Cost reimbursable, T&M, and contracts awarded under OTAs.
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy contractual records.
- Makes presentations as required and acts as a primary contact with customers and outside organizations.
- Represents the organization as the primary administrative contact on assigned contracts.
- Provides direction to professional or technical staff on contractual matters.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required, such as order entry, SharePoint entry, etc.
- Experience with negotiating and administering various contract types such as but not limited to firm Fixed Price, Time & Material and Cost type.
- Excellent working knowledge in FAR and DFARS.
- Excellent decision-making skills that support resolution of complex problems while minimizing risk.
- Ability to work as a team player is proactive in identifying and resolving problems, excellent organizational skills, and effective time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a continuous effort to improve department operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively to provide highest quality customer service and information.
- Strong computer/PC skills, specifically with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access. Suite)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills required.
- Must be dependable, responsible, and accurate and have the ability to deal with people effectively.
- Proficient in Cost Estimating techniques and cost proposal development to include the preparation of FAR 15 TINA compliant proposal submissions.
Armtec Behavioral Competencies
- Demonstrate ability in the Armtec competencies as an employee: customer focus, ethics and values, problem solving, integrity and trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure and values diversity.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years relevant experience with U.S. Government contract administration and International Contract Administration.
- Minimum of 6+ years of direct involvement in Department of Defense contracts at the Prime Contractor and/or Tier 2 subcontractor level.
- Must be a U.S. Person
Work Hours & Travel
- 4-10 work week with occasional overtime on Fridays or weekends as necessary, to meet deadlines.
Please apply on-line on the Armtec Career Website, www.armtecdefense.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet