- Lillington, NC
- Full Time
- Armtec - NCO
- Student (High School)
Glass Fiber Machine Operator (GFMO), Armtec Defense Technologies
Armtec Defense Technologies (Armtec) is an operating unit of the Transdigm Group (NYSE: TDG), an industry leader in aerospace and defense products and services. Armtec is comprised of three business units producing subcomponents for ordnance in Coachella, CA; decoy countermeasure flares in Camden AR; and radar countermeasure chaff in Lillington NC. At Armtec, we welcome skilled and enthusiastic people who share our determination and high standards to join us in our mission-critical work supporting the US and allied war-fighters who serve us all by defending democracy and protecting freedom. This position is staffed in Lillington, at Armtec’s world-class, sole-source facility for aerial countermeasure chaff.
Company Name: Armtec Defense Technologies, a subsidiary of Transdigm Corporation
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees:
Title: Glass Fiber Machine Operator
Job Family: Operations/Production
Reports to: Glass Room Supervisor
Works with: Manufacturing Team
Location: Lillington, NC, USA
Type: Full Time
Work in the Glass Fiber Machine Room (Glass Room) running complex machinery independently.
- Set-up and operate two machines efficiently within three months of starting job, then progress to four machines within six months.
- Must be able to do simple math calculations and read and write
- Meet productivity standards and strives to increase productivity
- Observes safety procedures
- Maintain clean and safe work area
- Insure process control at each machine is maintained
- Must be able to take instructions and independently follow through with them.
- Must be able to stand for up to 12 hours, must be able to bend, stoop, reach, lift up to 50 lbs., push and pull 500-700lbs
- Exposed to noise, dust and hot conditions.
- Excellent manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination is required. The ability to read, write and comprehend the English language is required. Applicants must have the ability and willingness to work overtime as needed.
Education/Previous Experience Requirement
- High School diploma/GED
- Six months relevant manufacturing is desired.
4-10 hr days
40 hours week
Overtime as needed