and defense products and services. Armtec is comprised of three business units producing subcomponents for ordnance in Coachella, CA; decoy countermeasure flares in Camden AR; and radar countermeasure chaff in Lillington NC. At Armtec, we welcome skilled and enthusiastic people who share our determination and high standards to join us in our mission-critical work supporting the US and allied war-fighters who serve us all by defending democracy and protecting freedom. This position is staffed in Coachella, at Armtec’s world-class, sole-source production facility for felted fiber nitrocellulose combustible cartridge cases for medium and large caliber military ammunition; and pyrophoric payloads for training grenades.
Company: Armtec Defense Technologies is an operating unit of the TransDigm Group (NYSE: TDG).
Industry: Manufacturing Combustible Ordnance and Countermeasures
Title: Accounting Manager
Job Family: Financial & Accounting Management
Reports to: VP of Finance
Works with: Business Unit Manager, Site Leader, Sales and Marketing, Supply Chian, Operations
Location: Camden, AR
A high profile and respected position which requires effective interaction with all levels within the Company plus provides leadership and hands-on management of the finance function in support of Company objectives. Responsibilities may include but not be limited to: Inventory Costing, General Ledger, Financial Reporting, Daily Reporting, Bids and Porposals, Business Analysis, Sox Compliance, and Audit Liaison. Direct reports may include but not be limited to: Sr. Accountant, A/R, A/P and Payroll.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Leads the monthly closing, financial reporting and analysis in a compressed 3 day reporting schedule in a large or midsize corporate accounting department.
- Works with BU team on proposals and cost estimates.
- Tracks capital expenditures and ensures projects are not over budget.
- Assists with the consolidation of financial data for quarterly business unit presentations
- Assists with consolidated forecasts and annual budgets consistent with company objectives.
- Develop business analyses to help identify areas to improve financial performance and support business decision making.
- Participates in cost productivity reviews and cost savings validations
- Supports Business Unit Manager to manage cost accounting activities to ensure the ongoing accuracy of product cost information in an actual cost system
- Monitors operational activities for compliance with internal control procedures and SOX requirements. Coordination of all external audit activities including timely provision of audit schedules as required.
- Participates and supports DCAA and DCMA audits and other requests for all business units
- Oversees all account reconciliations to ensure they completed on a timely basis
- Oversees Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- Responsible for the training and development of all members of the Accounting Team.
- Evaluates the Accounting Team workload and streamlines processes as required.
- Assists with system process improvements and upgrades.
- Special projects as required.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Armtec’s ethics and business conduct policies
Armtec seeks leaders who demonstrate a positive outlook; sense of urgency, professionalism; cool under pressure; approachability, charismatic leadership, interpersonal savvy, motivational skills, conflict management, assessing people, organizing, planning, priority setting, building effective teams, managerial courage, fairness to direct reports and relentless drive for results.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Accounting. Minimum of 5 years of progressive Accounting and Finance experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing company required. Large or mid-sized corporate accounting experience required.
- Experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Accounting and Cost Accounting required.
- Demonstrated ability to thoroughly understand a business's strategy and determine linkages to financial initiatives and drivers.
- Experience managing people, projects, and tasks ensuring appropriate responsiveness and priority. Demonstrated ability to lead, develop, and retain associates within the finance organization.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels within the organization and influence processes across multiple functions and stakeholders.
- Highly computer proficient, including advanced capabilities with Excel.
Education & Professional Work Experience Requirements
- Must be a U.S. Person
Please apply on-line on the Armtec Career Website, www.armtecdefense.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet