Senior Quality Engineer
- Coachella, CA
- Full Time
Senior Quality Engineer, Armtec Defense Technologies
Armtec Defense Technologies (Armtec) is an operating unit of the Transdigm Group (NYSE: TDG), an industry leader in aerospace and defense products and services. Armtec is comprised of three business units producing subcomponents for ordnance in Coachella, CA; decoy countermeasure flares in Camden AR; and radar countermeasure chaff in Lillington NC. At Armtec, we welcome skilled and enthusiastic people who share our determination and high standards to join us in our mission-critical work supporting the US and allied war-fighters who serve us all by defending democracy and protecting freedom. This position is staffed in Coachella, at Armtec’s world-class, sole-source production facility for felted fiber nitrocellulose combustible cartridge cases for medium and large caliber military ammunition; and pyrophoric payloads for training grenades.
Company: Armtec Defense Technologies is an operating unit of the TransDigm Group (NYSE: TDG).
Industry: Manufacturing Combustible Ordnance and Countermeasures
Title: Senior Quality Engineer
Job Family: Quality Engineers
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Works with: mid-level managers and supervisors, employees
Location: Coachella, California
Provide systems support for the various quality functions including contract and purchase order review, interpretation of contractual quality requirements and plans for compliance, data collection and analysis, and preparation of quality management system documentation. Design and manage process improvement projects as team leader and facilitator. Assist Quality Engineers with program quality issues. Support Armtec's continual improvement efforts including ISO 9001:2000, internal audits and assessment, SPC and SMART.
- Effective project management. Must apply systematic problem solving and improvement concepts in a team environment to resolve product quality issues.
- Will prepare test plans for conducting experimental trials and qualification of tooling to support improvement efforts, including any required MOC documentation, work instructions, maintenance work orders and subsequent CERs.
- Analyze cost of quality and performance data to plan and deploy improvement efforts.
- Must read and understand customer requirements, product drawings and specifications and provide written interpretation for performance.
- Participate in all areas of Armtec's quality management system.
- Provide input in areas not specific to quality assurance but essential to Armtec's Shared Values and team based management structure
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Armtec’s ethics and business conduct policies
- Bachelor of Science degree, preferably in Business Management or Engineering.
- Five years experience in Quality Management or comparable work experience. Knowledge of government specifications, contracts, and ISO 9001:2000 requirements.
- Knowledge of management systems for improving quality, i.e. benchmarking, project management, six-sigma, experimental design.
- Must be dependable, responsible, and accurate and have the ability to deal with people effectively.
Armtec seeks senior leaders who demonstrate a positive outlook; sense of urgency, professionalism; cool under pressure; approachability, charismatic leadership, interpersonal savvy, motivational skills, conflict management, assessing people, organizing, planning, priority setting, building effective teams, managerial courage, fairness to direct reports and relentless drive for results.
Education & Professional Work Experience Requirements
- Must be a U.S. Person
Please apply on-line on the Armtec Career Website, www.armtecdefense.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet