Mechanical Engineer, Product Development (R&D)
Armtec Defense Technologies
Armtec Defense Technologies (Armtec) is an operating unit of the Transdigm Group (NYSE: TDG), an industry leader in aerospace and defense products and services. Armtec is comprised of three business units producing subcomponents for ordnance in Coachella, CA; decoy countermeasure Flares in Camden AR; and radar countermeasure chaff in Lillington NC. At Armtec, we welcome skilled and enthusiastic people who share our determination and high standards to join us in our mission-critical work supporting the US and allied war-fighters who serve us all by defending democracy and protecting freedom. This position is staffed in Camden, AR., at Armtec’s world-class facility for decoy countermeasure Flares.
Company: Armtec Defense Technologies is an operating unit of the TransDigm Group (NYSE:TDG)
Industry: Manufacturing Combustible Ordnance and Countermeasures
Title: Mechanical Engineer, Product Development (R & D)
Job Family: Engineering
Reports to: Mgr Countermeasures R & D
Works with: Mid-level Managers & Supervisors, Engineering Staff
Location: East Camden, AR
Type: Full Time
Position will use principles of science, engineering, and mathematics to solve technical/process problems in the research and development environment. Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in the research and development area as well as the industrial plant by performing duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates expertise and becomes familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures used in the pyrotechnic/flare countermeasures field.
- Understands the general production (labor) and material costs for R & D development products.
- Ability to perform basic engineering calculations such as stress analysis and heat transfer to ensure adequacy of a design.
- Takes initiative to find and solve current and developmental processes and product problems.
- Ability to analyze test data and apply sound engineering judgment to reach a logical conclusion.
- Uses sound engineering judgment to make project decisions based on data that properly weigh schedule, cost, safety and effectiveness.
- Ability to clearly, concisely and accurately report technical data and accurately justify a capital expenditure.
- Ability to generate a project schedule and time-phased project budget; Tracks progress against a baseline; determines accountability for performance to the schedule and budget.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to make the necessary technical judgments to turn vague inputs, direction and requirements into specific, measurable performance requirements.
- Ability to manage stakeholders by understanding and communicating the project scope to eliminate scope creep and additional requirements.
- Provides leadership and mentorship to junior engineers. Able to step in to lead during other senior engineer’s absence.
- Presents a professional face of the ARO R & D Engineering group to internal and external customers.
- Able to prioritize tasks based on the practical needs of the organization.
- Makes data-driven process-related decisions without consultation.
- Makes data-driven test/performance decisions without consultation.
- Thorough and detailed project documentation.
- Must have basic computer skills using MS Word, Excel, and Projects.
- Experience with 3D modeling software (Creo, Solidworks, Autodesk)
- Experience with statistical analysis methods.
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills; both written and oral.
- Ability to write detailed procedures/reports as required.
- Capability to make independent decisions and excellent judgment skills.
- Effectively works individually or with a team, utilizing all available resources.
- Ability to direct others, distributes work, organizes and communicates clear plans.
- Takes appropriate action when necessary; faces up to problems & issues and works toward an agreeable solution.
- Reliable performer who can be counted on to achieve consistent results.
- Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Understands and lives by Armtec’s ethics and business conduct policies.
- Must be able to obtain a US DOD secret Clearance.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability in the Armtec competencies for all
employees, customer focus, ethics & values, problem solving, integrity & trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure and values diversity.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 5-7 years experience in a related field.
- Experience with energetic preferred.
- U.S. citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien Status required.
Please apply on-line on the Armtec Career Website, www.armtecdefense.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Apply for this position