Manufacturing Engineer II & III
Armtec Defense Technologies
Manufacturing Engineer II
Company Name: Armtec Defense Technologies, a subsidiary of TransDigm Corporation
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 250
Title: Manufacturing Engineer II
Job Family: Engineering
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Works with: Engineers, mid-level Managers and Supervisors.
Location: Camden, AR, USA
Type: Full Time
Responsible for various technical assignments in support of Production, Research & Development, Statistical Process Control as directed by the Engineering Manager to ensure product quality and delivery. Solve problems with other departments concerning manufacturing processes whether with chemical reactions or the structures, equipment and machinery necessary for the proper control of a chemical reaction.
* Design parts and assemblies using Pro-Engineer WF4 / PTC’s CREO
* Designing for manufacturability and assembly
* Managing documentation to maintain export compliance
* Communicating with customers to resolve technical issues
* Conducting failure analysis to determine and correct root cause issues
* Conducting prototype and engineering tests for design verification
* Overseeing testing and qualification of mechanical assemblies
* Creating and conducting technical presentations on the above items
* Leads the implementation activities for the introduction of new and advanced projects into manufacturing.
* Troubleshoots various segments of the manufacturing process to identify and/or prevent potential problems.
* Evaluates proposed process changes and their impact on quality and productivity prior to implementation.
* Compiles pertinent statistical data to examine emergent trends that would lead to the improvement of processes and/or reduce operational costs.
* Assists as required in the training of manufacturing personnel to achieve their highest level of proficiency.
* Assists in the composition of manufacturing SOP’s and visual work instructions.
* Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Management.
* Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
* Demonstrates an outstanding degree of judgment, organization, planning, initiative, flexibility and creativity.
* Performs satisfactorily under pressure from demand for production and other exigencies.
* Must be resourceful and creative pertaining to equipment design, operation and repair.
* Physical capabilities of lifting materials up to 50 pounds, walking up and down steps and to designated buildings as the situation warrants.
* Standing for long periods of time during preparation of a batch, conducting routine tests, etc.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, and/or Physical Sciences.
* Energetics experience preferred.
* DOD experience preferred.
* 2-5 years’ experience in an energetics manufacturing environment preferred.
* Self motivated professional with demonstrated maturity and a good sense of responsibility.
* Good communication skills and high degree of integrity.
* Able to interface and work productively with all employees.
* Ability to read and write English and compute college level mathematics, including statistics.
* Strong interest in pure and applied research to improve product quality and reduce operational costs in all stages of manufacturing.
* Sound ability to analyze data and write technical reports.
U.S. citizenship required
4/10 Work Schedule – Weekend or off-shift work may be required to support customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet