Start $17.00 per hour with Production/Manufacturing Experience
Production Assembler, Armtec Defense Technologies
Armtec Defense Technologies (Armtec) is an operating unit of the Transdigm Group (NYSE: TDG), an industry leader in aerospace and defense products and services. Armtec is comprised of three business units producing subcomponents for ordnance in Coachella, CA; decoy countermeasure flares in Camden AR; and radar countermeasure chaff in Lillington NC. At Armtec, we welcome skilled and enthusiastic people who share our determination and high standards to join us in our mission-critical work supporting the US and allied war-fighters who serve us all by defending democracy and protecting freedom. This position is staffed in Camden, on the Highland Industrial Park, where Armtec and several other major prime contractors produce defense energetics.
Location: East Camden, AR, USA
Type: Full Time
Job Summary –Production Assembler (Job 1)
Must be capable of performing repetitive bench or line assembly operations to mass produce products such as flares, sliders, and other defense items by performing the assigned duties.
Assemble flares by performing repetitive line assembly operations such as assembling, wrapping, stenciling, sorting, capping, etc. Apply RTV to flare by holding an air feed hand held unit to dispense RTV as needed. Assemble components with other parts in specified relationship to each other. Package final units in ammo containers or fiberboard boxes. Perform quality checks such as leak test machines or push out tests. Move product and materials as needed from storage areas to production areas. Assemble and arrange materials for use in the production area in a kitting process. Clean production areas as needed. Paint production areas or other areas as needed. Aid maintenance as needed in facility repairs or upkeep. Participate in clean-up process.
Job Summary – Pyro Equipment Operator (Job 2)
Must be capable of performing any one of the tasks listed below.
Extruder Operation: Duties including, but are not specifically limited to: Maintaining daily machine start-up records, setting up and calibration of powder weighing machines, may require operating in full up fire suit with self-breathing apparatus, controlling extruder speed through designated cycle times and pressure valve adjustments, monitor instrumentation control panel, maintaining extruder barrel and die temperatures, vacuum settings, measure completed pellet features per blue print requirements, maintain a safe and clean working environment and will keep necessary daily production records.
- Pressing Operation: Duties including, but are not specifically limited to: Maintaining daily machine start-up records, setting up and calibration of powder weighing machines, may require operating in full up fire suit with self-breathing apparatus, operating press in automatic mode or in manual cycle, controlling press designated cycle time, monitor instrumentation control panel, measure completed flare or bagged composition features per blue print requirements, maintain accurate critical technical data through statistical process control, maintain a safe and clean working environment, and will keep necessary daily production records.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions; must be able to work without close supervision; must have basic reading and math skills.
- Must have ability to use the tools and be able to wear PPE equipment required to perform the above duties.
- Pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, bending, sitting, & standing requirements.
- Must be able to lift/move 50 lbs.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- High School or GED equivalent
- 1 – 3 years manufacturing experience.
Note: Placement in manufacturing position depends on skills and experience.
Please apply on-line on the Armtec Career Website, www.armtecdefense.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Must be a U.S. Citizen