Industrial Mechanic, Armtec Defense Technologies
Armtec Defense Technologies (Armtec) is an operating unit of the Transdigm Group (NYSE: TDG), an industry leader in aerospace and defense products and services. Armtec is comprised of three business units producing subcomponents for ordnance in Coachella, CA; decoy countermeasure flares in Camden AR; and radar countermeasure chaff in Lillington NC. At Armtec, we welcome skilled and enthusiastic people who share our determination and high standards to join us in our mission-critical work supporting the US and allied war-fighters who serve us all by defending democracy and protecting freedom. This position is staffed in Coachella, at Armtec’s world-class, sole-source production facility for felted fiber nitrocellulose combustible cartridge cases for medium and large caliber military ammunition; and pyrophoric payloads for training grenades.
Company: Armtec Defense Technologies is an operating unit of the TransDigm Group (NYSE: TDG).
Industry: Manufacturing Combustible Ordnance and Countermeasures
Title: Industrial Mechanic
Job Family: Engineering Technician
Reports to: Facilities Engineer
Works with: mid-level managers and supervisors, employees
Location: Coachella, California
The Industrial Mechanic installs machinery and equipment in an industrial setting, performs machining operations, and oversees the work of outside contractors in various trades.
- Prototype and implement changes to equipment and facilities to improve performance and reliability.
- Design, machine, fabricate, and fasten materials using a diverse range of tools and equipment including lathes, mills, surface grinders, drill presses, CNC machines, and various hand tools.
- Document equipment and facilities by taking measurements, operating 3D scanning equipment, and redlining drawings to maintain an accurate record of as-built status.
- Oversee outside contractors and ensure that all work is performed according to Armtec's safety regulations.
- Track, monitor, and manage workload and provide updates as needed to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Uphold the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Understand and abide by Armtec's ethics and business conduct policies.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Vocational training is a plus. Toolmaker experience preferred.
- At least five years of proven work experience in an industrial setting.
- Proficiency in three or more of the following areas: Operation and maintenance of machine shop equipment, PLC troubleshooting, plumbing, electrical installation of conduit and wire in wet or hazardous applications, welding various metals, general construction, mechanical equipment, pumps, steam systems, and compressed air systems.
- Familiarity with spreadsheet and word processor software.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Experience using 3D scanning equipment and redlining drawings is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage workload and provide timely updates.
- Adherence to ethical and business conduct policies.
- Demonstrate ability in the Armtec competencies as an employee: customer focus, ethics and values, problem solving, integrity and trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure and values diversity.
Education & Professional Work Experience Requirements
- Must be a U.S. Person*
4/10 workweek. Circumstances may require additional hours or varied schedule/
Please apply on-line on the Armtec Career Website, www.armtecdefense.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
* U.S. Person is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (I-551 Permanent Resident Card/Green Card holder).
Pay: $22.51 - $37.80 per hour